Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

5K Training - Week 2, Run 3

Yesterday was my final run of Week 2, meaning once again, next run, things are going to get a little tougher! This past run was my best run yet, though. It was the same as the last 2, with 5 minutes of warm up, then 6 alternations of 1 1/2 minutes running, 2 minutes of walking, followed by a 5 minute cool down.

Just like I posted last week, I decided I was going to really push myself and work towards longer strides as much as possible. For each of the 6 runs, I managed to run the first half of each minute and a half with long strides, and when I got the signal that it was half over, I slowed my pace to make sure I could run the whole time. It worked out well for me, as it split the run nicely and seemed to make the time go by faster. I (gasp!) actually enjoyed my run for the first time! I also beat my time home by at least 2 minutes, so that during my cool down walk, I was weaving back and forth across the street until the time was up.

I'm pretty pleased with my run, but once again, next run will be tough.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good for you :)
    I really need to get my week two started .. lol!

    ReplyDelete