Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 22, 2012

5K Training - Week 5, Run 2

Sunday was my second run of this week. It started out on a difficult note from the moment I stepped outside of my wonderfully air conditioned house - it was HUMID outside! And not just a little bit, so much so that I found breathing a little difficult (at least compared to non-humid weather) just doing my warm-up walk! I was tempted to turn around and go back inside the house to run another day. However, in my mind, I'd already made the commitment to run, and was already prepared. I figured I'd push through it and get it over with, that way I'd be able to relax the next day and watch Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef :)

Run 2 consisted of the usual 5 minute warm-up walk, an 8 minute run, a 5 minute walk, an 8 minute run, and a 5 minute cool-down walk. My longest stretch of running yet by 3 minutes! My first run was surprisingly easy. I managed to run 1.38 km in that 8 minute stretch. Not fast in the least, but I'm happy with it, considering the humidity. I also calculated how long it would take me to run a 5K at that pace, and it was just over 30 minutes! My goal is 30 minutes, so I was pleased to see that :)

My second run, not surprisingly, was much harder, and much slower. I was only able to run 0.9 km at that speed. Sigh. However, I pushed through it and didn't stop, even though I felt the humidity getting to me! I just slowed my pace about halfway through, and trudged on. Hopefully my next run will be on a less humid evening.

I am now past the halfway point of my training schedule!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment